1 Feb 2011

When in KL: Batu Caves

This is Batu Caves! A good friend; Ning Li mentioned this place to me before my trip.
Thanks Ning Li! ;)

Batu Caves is a temple complex for Hindu worshipers and also a popular tourist attraction site. The temple is dedicated to Lord Murugan.

This is Lord Murugan. This 42.7m statue is known to be the tallest Lord Murugan statue in the world. That's totally a WOW!



The temple complex consists of 3 main caves and the largest one known as the Temple Cave is way up there!



You have to climb a steep flight of 272 steps in order to reach the Temple Cave. It was raining again when we arrived in Batu Caves that Sunday morning and climbing the stairs during a wet day wasn't easy...


This is the highest I could climb. I think that's about 100 steps or less. I didn't continue further as I was already feeling dizzy plus I'm so afraid of heights. I really don't wanna end up making a world history of rolling over the stairs to the ground. Lol! But overall, it's one heck of an experience I should never forget. :)


Nooo...this isn't a statue! I found this monkey searching for food nearby the ground shrine while I was filming the place. I wanted to get much closer to him for a better shot but he was showing his teeth when some visitors tried to get nearer. I also don't wanna end up being attacked by a temple monkey, so it's better safe than sorry :)

16 comments:

ONN said...

Bestnyee!!! Sangat jeles u dpt pg sana....

beanizer_05 said...

wow! i wish my fans will build me statue taller than that!

can i lose my baby fats when i take those stairs?

what a cute gorilla..maybe a toothpaste endorser didzy..

hey! where's your own self snap? show it! show it!

Didz said...

@ONN:
Mehla gi sana lagi sama2... :)

Didz said...

@Bean:
It's possible...if u can run up & down more than 3 times! Hehe. Why the hassle wanna lose fats by climbing? U can do liposuction..hehee!

Zezebel said...

Haha..saya suka gambar yang ada monkey tu..

Didz said...

@zezebel:
Monkey nya garang lah bel, ada juga yg friendly dekat2 tangga nak naik tu..

IWASNTBLOGGEDYESTERDAY said...

I could not have gone 100 stairs I don't think, it looks so steep, great pictures :)

beanizer_05 said...

oh no! don't tell me you joined forces with ning li with that liposuction thing..grrrrr...i just want to lose some of my baby abs! hmp!

Dai Ning Li said...

I was supposed to get back to you and ask if you were able to go there at Batu Cave. I suddenly miss the place, and the monkeys! ;') Hahaha! Did you try feeding the pigeons? So many of them come at the foot of the approx. 250 steps-long cavern top. You made it to get to the top? Wah! Me too, last time and it was so so so tiring (and fun)!

Didz said...

@IWBY:
Thanks! It was a great experience too somehow! :)

Didz said...

@bean:
if u don't wanna climb or take a liposuction, go ahead set ur abs on fire, that sure will burn out the fats. Haha! :p

Didz said...

@Ning Li:
Thanks for the recommendation ;)
I didn't feed the pigeons but I was busy taking some shots of them while other visitors feed them.
And I didn't get to the top. I know that's too bad but I really can't climb any higher. Did you make it to the top?
Maybe next time I will try my best to reach the top ;) Hehe

Dai Ning Li said...

Yes, I made myself a victor in reaching the top! ;') Five minutes walk, pause and laugh. I am more than happy knowing that you enjoyed the place I last visited.

Didz said...

@Ning Li:
Aww...good for you! If i reached the top, the first thing i'd do is to puff an inhaler. Hehe..

Sabahan Bloggers Club said...

I am Malaysian and I myself never go to this place. Feel a little bit a shame about it.

Didz said...

@Sabahan Bloggers:
Ah, don't worry about it. That's acceptable because I haven't finished exploring my own country either. :)