29 Aug 2010

Beauty & the briefcase

A great romantic comedy movie starring the now turning gorgeous Hilary Duff.

The Story:
Lane Daniels (Hilary Duff) has a growing career and has a great future ahead of her as a writer. She's also trying to find love and her perfect guy (or as she called it as her 'magic man') according to the checklist she has made throughout her life. A checklist for the things she expects her "soul mate" or "perfect guy" to have.

Then when a pitch goes well at Cosmopolitan Magazine, she is given the chance of a lifetime to write an article for them about dating men in suits.

To complete this task, she must go undercover and date the guys at the office. After every date she writes it all down to help her final piece.


Talking about the checklist, I bet every girls out there has their own checklist for their perfect guys. I got it too! But somehow what Lane Daniels said in the movie is true:

"I've been walking around with the ghost of my magic man. He's been haunting me, keeping me from recognizing a world of opportunities that are right in front of me."

Honestly, my soon hubby-to-be is not even close to fit my checklist. (Ok, maybe 1 or 2...) But I'm happy & feel lucky ;)
My point is - screw the checklist!

Oh, my ratings for this movie: 9/10 ;)

4 comments:

fatima- said...

hey hey
-
this is so true lol
my hubby 2 be aswelll dun fit even a single thing in my cheklist nd m so happppy-

=D

screw cheklists-lol

Didz said...

Hey Fatima...are u gonna get married soon too? hehe, good for u then if that's the case! I'm glad u're happy too despite your hubby to be doesn't comply with your checklist :)

Reviewer11 said...

I'm not a fan of Hilary Duff anymore but I love the storyline. Do you know when it will air? I would like to see the movie. :)

Didz said...

@reviewer: As far as I know, this movie has been aired already somewhere in April this year on ABC. I got this movie on DVD copy. ;)
She used to be cute & cheeky...now she botox like everything..hehee but yeah the story line was great!