23 Jan 2010

::The jab of pain::

Finally I got myself vaccinated with the H1N1 vaccine today. I was supposed to have it 2 weeks ago but somehow I postponed it because I needed my two arms to do my analysis.

I'm working with the government and I'm under the Ministry of Health. There's an order that all M.O.H. personnel are required to be vaccinated with the H1N1 vaccine. We are very lucky here in the country that everybody gets to be jabbed for free of charge! Proud to be Bruneian! :D

I learned that this vaccine is a chicken-based vaccine so anyone who has allergies to eggs, chickens and whatsoever related to chicken products gonna have problems to be jabbed.

The effects of my vaccination:

My fiance was right, my bff was right, and so were the others when they told me you'll be experiencing a very painful sensation on the arm. My bff can't even lift her arm and I heard the same stories with the rest. That's scary to know but after I got the jab, I didn't feel the effect right away. (I'm kinda have a slow brain, so I think the effect of the jab is slow too! Hehe)
I managed to swing nicely my jabbed arm, showed it off to my colleagues that I didn't feel any pain. I'm a bionic woman! Hehe.

Now, after few hours, sadly I can feel my arm is in real sore. It's hard to lift just like my bff told me but the pain is still bearable, somehow and so far. Actually, after I got jabbed, I'm told by the nurse in-charge to stay put for 15 minutes to see if there's an immediate reaction but I can't be bothered to sit down so I went off and continued doing my never ending paper works.

I should have had listened to them because guess what happened in that 15 minutes time?...

Chicken dance Pictures, Images and Photos

I started to cluck and did the chicken dance!
Hehe


5 comments:

Didz said...

@Ayu: It's no longer that active. My country just wanna take some early measures to prevent it from hitting the country again. It caused massive panic to everybody before. But I heard the virus re-surface in some other countries now.

iantie said...

heard second wave of pandemic influenza coming soon...better get safe!

tc m8! ;)

Reviewer11 said...

Thanks so much for letting us know that it is chicken based vaccine. :O

Glad to see you're back and thanks for stopping by my blog. **hugs :D

Didz said...

@Reviewer11:
Hey! No probs girl! ;) You better watch out and take care too over there! I'm glad to hear from you again! :D

kyungmee said...

Hi! Thanks for following me on bloggers! You have a fun and cute space here. I have not taken this shot yet and still ponding the visit;)