29 Jan 2010

::Computer gender::

As you are aware, ships have long been characterized as being female (e.g., "Steady as she goes" or "She's listing to starboard, Captain!")

Recently, a group of computer scientists (all males) announced that computers should also be referred to as being female. Their reasons for drawing this conclusion follow:

Five reasons to believe computers are female:

1. No one but the Creator understands their internal logic.
2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else.
3. The message "Bad command or file name" is about as informative as, "If you don't know why I'm mad at you, then I'm certainly not going to tell you."
4. Even your smallest mistakes are stored in long-term memory for later retrieval.
5. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.

However, another group of computer scientists, (all female) think that computers should be referred to as if they were male. Their reasons follow:

Five reasons to believe computers are male:
1. They have a lot of data, but are still clueless.
2. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem.
3. As soon as you commit to one you realize that, if you had waited a little longer, you could have obtained a better model.
4. In order to get their attention, you have to turn them on.
5. Big power surges knock them out for the rest of the night.

source: halfthedeck.com
Happy 1

6 comments:

Rml said...

Hahahhahahaha, great! Loved it! But u know, despite being a girl, I think I gotta agree with the male scientists!... most of us are excatly like that! ;)

Daydream Believer said...

This is so funny!!

Didz said...

@Rml:
I agree with you. Girls will always be girls! But come to think about it, I think my computer is both genders as I've treated them mostly as mentioned. Hehee.

@Jamie:
Lol! Thanks! :D

YAM said...

you are really one funny girl:)

how can you even thing of that stuff???

Didz said...

@Angel:
Hi! Hehe, I didn't make that stuff. I was just curious so I found it and shared it here ;) I thought that's so funny but true too.

warrioRR said...

Nice post warrioRR Loved it
You are going on top