1 Jan 2010

::When in Hong kong::

Ok, let's do this:
Welcome to Hong kong!
Where everything is cool and nice! Lots and lots of skycraper buildings everywhere!
But the best part of all, the shopping spree! Weeeee!!!

The traffic was pretty bad when we arrived. It took about an hour to reach our hotel from the airport, Our hotel is located in Mongkok.
The weather was pretty nice and slightly cold, 18c that day.

My family and I were staying at the Metro Park Hotel Mongkok. We were staying at the VIP Floor and here's the thing I didn't get: What's so VIP about the floor anyway? I looked at my room and failed to notice anything so VIP about it. Hmm, maybe they have different meaning of the term VIP. Any ideas? Hehe.

In the evening, we wasted no time and started to walk and explore the surrounding areas and markets. Night life in Hong Kong was so happening. Crowds were everywhere! Here's a shop that caught my attention. The toy gun shop. Oh my! If my fiance came with me to Hong Kong, I'm 200% sure he'll be spending much of his time in this kind of shop. There's no point of buying him this stuff anyway because these things are illegal to bring in into my country.
Too bad...

I captured something cute! Haha! Yup, that's a Hello Kitty truck!
I wished they had the real Hello Kitty inside it.

While I was enjoying the scene in the park, I noticed this old man. He dressed just like a Shoalin master. Seriously! I was tempted to ask if he can show me some cool kung fu moves but I was afraid. Hehe.

This is the place that you should go when in Hong Kong. It's called the Ladies Market. There are so many stuff that you can bargain and buy...
I wish I could explain how crazy I was inside this market. I kept on buying stuff here and there.
"Maybe I should go see a therapist when I got home..." That's what I thought.

But I'm glad everything was under control.
The first thing I bought when I reached Hongkong and with my Hongkong dollar was actually a can of Pepsi - the Hongkong version. Hehe.

8 comments:

Hayden said...

Happy new year to you, Didz!

wow, nice pictures!
I've never been to Hong Kong, but feel like I'm in there.

Hello Kitty truck was so cute:)

Didz said...

Happy New Year to you too Hayden :) I hope you'll be an uncle soon this new year. Later I'll be posting some pictures from my trip to China.
Hope you new year celebration was great!

Shriti said...

nice pics

happy new year to you

beanizer_05 said...

great shots..m 1000% sure u'r n ur normal mode wen u'r n HK,, noticing things n an unnatural way--dat's d normal didz--naturally not normal..hehehe..
dt shop, s it reli a toy gun shop?-u knw sum baby n diapies play wd toys..bang! bang!..dd u get 1 4 dt baby?..
..il b glad 2 find china fotos wd crazy didz poses..hmmmmm..
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Didz said...

@Bean: Yup, those are toy gun but I managed to try one of those, it was heavy. It's the exact replica of the real one, so I've been told.
Haha, yup china photos are coming up soon. :P

Didz said...

@Ayu: Happy New Year to you too! Yes I'll recommend you to go visit Hongkong. Beautiful place that you'll never forget your whole life. ;) I wanna go there again someday.

An award? wow! That's great to hear, thanks! I saw those awards that you got, congrats! You really deserved all!

So...Which award do I get? :)

Launa McNeilly said...

Happy New Year, Didz!! Wishing you a wonderful year and a beautiful wedding!! Launa

Didz said...

@Launa: Hey, it's been a while. Happy New year to you too! and thanks for the wishes..Uuh, I'm becoming to be bridezilla already thinking of the wedding stuff. :)